Sunday, August 5, 2012

Oh God, You Are My God

Day 9:  Ok so the hardest part of making a commitment is not necessarily keeping it, but to me the hardest part is starting it again when you fall off.  I will be honest, there are 2 reasons why it has been about 2 weeks since my last post #1 being that I was in the Keys and I did not have internet connection down there but I honestly woke up every morning and did my daily reading and #2 being my pride.  I have been sitting here in Lynchburg for a week thinking to myself I do not want to post another entry because when I get back on people will know that I fell off, and at least by now they have forgotten and the disappointment is over.  But in all reality, I am not disappointing any of y'all,  I am disappointing myself and most importantly God.  I am more concerned about what people may think about me then what God thinks.  That right there is a very dangerous place for me to be in!  I do not want others approval and I do not want a pat on the back for doing my quiet time.  In all reality I should not be concerned about what anyone may think, but I should be excited to get back into the swing of things.  I am ashamed of falling away for the last week not because people are not viewing, commenting, or discussing about this blog but because I am one week behind on my relationship with the Creator of me!  Like I said, this blog was not intended to be used as an advertisement on how Holy I may be but I created it as a tool for me to use.  As I sit here thinking about how God is always here for us standing right by us with open arms I am thinking of some lyrics and they go like this:

"May my prayer like incense rise before You.  Im lifting up my hands as sacrifice.  Oh Lord Jesus turn your eyes upon me, for I know there is mercy in your sight.  Your statutes  are my heritage forever.  My heart is set on keeping your decrees.  So still my anxious urge toward rebellion, and  let love keep my will on its knees.  To all creation I can see  a limit, but your commands are boundless and have none.  So your Word is my joy and meditation, from the rising to the setting of the sun.  All your ways are loving and  faithful.  The road is narrow but your burden light.  Because you gladly lean to lead the humble, I shall gladly kneel to leave my pride."


These words speak volumes to me right now, and I cannot begin to describe how powerful the last few lines are! It amazes me to think that no matter how many times I may fall away... God is always there!  Here is another song based off of my favorite Psalm! 

3 comments:

  1. HE IS.....HE IS ALWAYS THERE. WHAT A GREAT GOD WE SERVE. lOVE YOU BIG.

    DADDY

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Because you gladly lean to lead the humble, I shall gladly kneel to leave my pride."

    For all He has done and has yet to do, let us worship Him. I love your heart, Katie. This is beautiful!

    Your sister friend

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Katie!
    I'm glad I discovered your blog =).
    What a sweet and tender heart you have!
    Just never stop seeking the Lord.
    And you're not alone in struggling and falling behind in your walk with Him at times.
    I want to share this verse with you:
    "The LORD your God is in your midst,
    A victorious warrior.
    He will exult over you with joy,
    He will be quiet in His love,
    He will rejoice over you with shouts of joy" (Zephaniah 3:17).
    I'll say a prayer for you tonight =).
    Blessings,
    anna

    ReplyDelete