Monday, July 9, 2012

New Beginnings

This is not a typical blog!  This blog will not compromise anything that the Lord has planned for me or any other brother or sister in Christ.  The purpose of me writing this blog is not to look better than others, or to show how much I know about God's word, but this blog is a sort of accountability for me.  I have been struggling with having a consistent daily quiet time, and this is my plan to help me with that.  Everyday when I have my quiet time, I will blog about what I feel the Lord is teaching me.  For anyone who is reading this, I want your help!  If I miss a day don't be afraid to call me out on it.  Write me on facebook or send me an email at kwalker6@liberty.edu, or if you are a close friend send me a text message.  I'm praying that this journey will be a fun one, and who knows where it will take me.  So here we go... I'm stepping out!

Day 1: Something to know about me is that I have such a hard time making decisions about what colors and fonts to use, so naturally when I was trying to choose a name for my blog I really struggled.  I wanted a name that would be clever and something that  meant a lot to me so I turned to the Bible to see if there was something I could use and man did God show me something.  I came up with six different titles from six different verses, they were all so relevant to my life right now in this moment.  My choices were all from verses that are really special to me, they are:
  • "I will not die but live" -Psalm 118:17
  • "A lamp to my feet" -Psalm 119"105
  • "I will give you a new heart" -Ezekiel 36:26
  • "Rend your heart" -Joel 2:13
  • "Though it linger, wait for it" -Habakkuk 2:3
  • "Things too wonderful for me to know" -Job 42:3
All of these verses mean so much to me and I felt like the Lord just made them jump off of the page just so I could read them right now in this moment of life.  The reason why the last one means so much to me is because of all people, Job said it.  When things seem to be  falling apart and when the world may seem to be coming to an end, just as in Job's case, he said that there are things that are just too wonderful for me to know.  I think about that and it makes me realize that there ARE things that are too wonderful for me to know!  God does not reveal things sometimes because it just may be too much for us to handle at the particular time.  I mean if God said to Job "Hey, I'm about to take everything away from you and then you are going to suffer to the point of death, but don't worry you won't die and once its all over I'll give you back everything plus more."  What would Job think, I know I would be confused.  God always has a plan and He always has something for us if we are willing to linger and wait for it.  So, with all that said, I know that God has something too wonderful for me to know and I can not wait to find out what it is!