Friday, July 13, 2012

Quenched



 Day 5:  Throughout these chapters God is showing me so much and I have to remind myself that He is the one doing the work in me!  He is doing the same kind of work in me that He did to the woman at the well.  Jesus presents to her that we as humans need to realize that we have to nourish our spirit just as we need to nourish our physical body.  Jesus presents 2 ways to nourish our spirit through an everlasting quench and through food (doing the will of God for our life).  When the woman at the well did not quite grasp the concept of having her spirit quenched Jesus brought up the main thing in her life that she wanted, and that was relationships.  She was trying to quench her spirit with her 5 husbands and current boyfriend.  God always knows what our intentions are.  Also later Jesus explains to the disciples, that now is the time to harvest, not food but souls.  We need to realize that now is the time to reach out to the lost and harvest what someone else has sown.  There are so many opportunities to help others to satisfy their spiritual hunger, but my question is am I spiritually full?

No comments:

Post a Comment